Faculty of Law, Kyushu University
- Conflict management
Subject Areas for Supervising Written Work
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bachelor Degree, Faculty of Agriculture, the University of Tokyo, 1992
- Master Degree, Graduate School of Agriculture, the University of Tokyo, 1994
- Master Degree, Graduate School of Politics, Hosei University, 2004
- Doctor in Law, Graduate Schools of Law and Politics, the University of Tokyo, 2011
- 1994-2006: Researcher, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc. (a private think tank)
- 2006-2010: Visiting Researcher, Waseda University.
Center for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Research
- 2007-2009: Project Researcher, EC Network.
- 2009-2011: Project Researcher, the University of Tokyo.
The Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- 2011-now: Associate Professor, Kyushu University
The Graduate School of Law, the Law School
Researcher, The Center for Conflict Management Studies of Kyushu University
- “Modern mediation – a comparative study between Japan and U.S.” (in Japanese)
- Hideaki Irie (2012) “Ideology of Mediation – Embracing the Custom-made Approach”, Journal of Japanese arbitration and ADR, 7, 114-121. (in Japanese)
- Hideaki Irie (2010) “Value Creation of Japanese Private Mediation Movements: An Empirical Study” Journal of information studies, 78, 79-106. (in Japanese)
- Hideaki Irie (2010) “An Overview on the Current Status of Japanese Private Dispute Resolution – Small impact of the ADR Act and it’s still at the early stage”, JCAA Newsletter, 25, 1-3.
Available at http://www.jcaa.or.jp/e/arbitration/docs/news25.pdf (in English)
- Hideaki Irie（2010）“Practical Discussion on Informed Consent in Mediation”, Soft Law Journal, 16, 65-95.(in Japanese) English summary is available at